Wednesday, December 4, 2013

J'ADORE JEFFREY CAMPBELL

My two favorite pairs of shoes are both Jeffrey Campbells.  Both are nude, and both are suede.  Perhaps it's the illusion of a long leg that draws me to flesh-colored shoes.  As for the suede--definitely a product of my textural issues;  I don't like smooth surfaces against my skin.

Jeffrey Campbell Isley booties are the newest addition to my shoe collection.  I ordered them from Nasty Gal in a size 7.5.  I always go a half size up in boots.  Note:  if you're ordering these booties, you may want to go a full size up.  They're a little snug in the toe bed, although the leather has stretched a good amount.  But I liked them so much that paying to ship them back wasn't worth it.  They go with everything, and I like when people stare at my cute shoes.  The unique straps are quite mesmerizing I must say.


Above I'm wearing them with a baby doll dress from a boutique called Love.  I'm also carrying a Pendleton cross body.

My other faves are Jeffrey Campbell Moochies.  I've had them for more than two years now.  Again they go with everything and give me longer legs.  Kinda weak support in the ankles, so I have to be careful walking.  I took a tumble in New Orleans casually crossing the street in front of a car last Christmas.  Luckily someone was there to catch me.  The things we go through to wear beautiful shoes.

Above I'm holding the J. Crew Edie in Hydrangea.  My friend Maggie A took this photo.

I paired the JCs with an Urban Outfitters dress.